View Single Post
Old 16-08-2010
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Stiles View Post
The locations of the national rounds this winter are due to one thing - a lack of suitable applicants from other areas of the country! If there had been applications submitted from the south east that met the requirements then they would have been awarded a round - simple.

High Wycombe applied, but we didn't get a round because of our venue size. I have no complaints about this, and have told Cris that we are here if needed as an emergency venue at any time.

My concern about the nationals is that the new rules (for both cars and tracks) means that lots of clubs are being prevented from applying to host meetings. High Wycombe is an OK size for an RC18, an FTX Blaze or even a SWB shark, but it's simply not big enough for a LWB shark or a Carisma GT14B. It's supposed to me 'micro', and yet the cars are now larger than a 1/12th scale car!

The 1/12th section struggles to find suitable venues for its nationals because the cars need such large tracks - micro is going the same way I'm afriad. We will be racing on 1/10th buggy tracks with cars that aren't much smaller than a B44 before long!

Date clash permitting, I would support and race in a south east regional series, and would happily host a round at the High Wycombe club.
Fair comments there Mark......

Maybe there is some "mileage" in the idea of somthing dooowwwnnn sooouuuth then as a seperate series after all......... and since we are based in Watford, keep me posted since we have a heat or two of keen micro racers too who may be interested.....
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636