View Single Post
Old 17-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sldmodels View Post
Knew there was something else I wanted to put but forgot it. If, the venue's applied before the EGM, then the drivers who attended, could vote on where we race for the following season.
Wouldn't have made much difference this year, as fewer suitable clubs applied than there were national meetings to fill, so there would have been nowt to vote on!

IMO the size of the cars is going to become a problem, and to be truthful has already. Bigger cars need bigger tracks, and they can also handle more power, so guess what? They need even bigger tracks!

If the dimensional rules were SWB shark sized maximum, then there would be more suitable clubs able to host big meetings. As it stands I reckon you need a track area of at least 12m x 24m (micro x size, which was quite small compared to the size and speed of the cars I think!) - which is what 1/12 scale were running on less than 10 years ago! What clubs are there who support micro and have a track of this size? Only a handful by my reckoning...

Like I say - we'll end up running on 10th buggy tracks before long, but if/when that happens I may as well go and race 1/10th buggies thanks!

As for the tyres - I have heard lots of rumours too. The fact is the change of rule will not affect the results at all - the Micro X proved that. What it will do is hurt some manufacturers (i.e. gecko), hurt people in the pocket and perhaps force them to run a different tyre. I am currently running rubbers at club level as there's no point in running foams if I can't use them at the nationals. The set of rallyblocks on my car were new for the micro X, and they are already severely worn after that and 3 club meetings. I used to get 2 moths or more out of a set of foams, which were also cheaper to buy in the first place. BRCA rules are for nationals only, but there can be no doubt that they affect club level racing to some degree...