View Single Post
Old 20-12-2010
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReferee View Post
the drivers rep is also from mid west and the secretary is east, and yes the epr rep was there. i will say again it doesnt matter who or how many vote, one club will lose out. you tell me which one shouldn't get a national and why.
its all very well criticising the 9 who turned up and voted about the decision they reached. but unless your willing to put your hand up and say which one you wouldnt want then what is this poll acheiving?.
i am quite happy to tell you who i voted for, or in reality which club i did not vote for and my reasons, are you prepared to do the same?. equally i am happy to stand on a freezing cold rostrum for 8 hours a day to refereee your races, the timekeeper is prepared to time your races for the same length of time. are any of you willing to do the same?. i can take any criticism you care to throw at me, i made a decision because i got off my arse, drove up to birmingham, sat in a meeting,listened to the facts and voted. you don't agree with the decision? then get off your arse and do something. alternatively sit behind your keyboard telling me i got it wrong without actually offering an alternative.

I did that job for many years as people know. Even the PRO possition before I fell ill. I know what it's like to vote other clubs off, I run Hampshire Racing Centre for 10 years and it took me some 4 years to get a National, so will all the respect I do know what happens, why it happens and certainly how it happens.

Now to more CONSTRUCTIVE points and why some clubs should be above others!
Firstly they promote our sport in a PUBLIC area. This is the future but for some reason the heads of the BRCA don't see this as important.
Then we have venues that had had a National event and know what is required and DELIVERS everytime we go there. Please don't tell me Kiddys effort last time out at the end of year finals was good. They didn't have enough people to even cut the grass and as much as I am sorry to mention this especially as I know most of the lads around Kiddermisnster but it simply wasn't to National standard and if you really want me to quote "only a couple of us these days running the club" -----we surely don't have to go publicly down this route - do we??

The CRITERIA is a big issue in my eyes and is far from good enough.
A NATIONAL meeting should be an EVENT - should have the PUBLIC there saying where is my local model shop, I want my son/daughter to start this hobby etc etc - TV, newspapers, radio and so on should be in the criteria in running a National - Public places should be no 1 - like Southport (but put the tents away from the track and allow the public to view). We are certainly not going to PROMOTE our sport at some of the venues we are going to because the CRITERIA is not good enough. Then we should have a georgraphical map so it becomes not the Northern or Southern thing but a NATIONAL scenario. Whats the criteria now? If you are in with a few people you get a National? Is that STILL how it works?
The fact is also clear that if the DRIVERS had input then geographically EPR would have a National event. I can name you 40 plus drivers that would have chosen EPR as one of the National venues and that is a fact.
That also makes certain decisions wrong John. Not the people on the voting committee but the way it is voted for - the CRITERIA

So whether you want to take this as moaning or logically as constructive it's up to you guys but be carefull what you wish for as one day it could come true!!