Thread: BJ4WE Slipper
View Single Post
Old 18-06-2007
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

Did you rebuild the slipper during a race meeting? it's pretty hard to make it fully reliable through a race meeting i'm afraid to say. The one way i've found to make the slipper reliable after it has loosened off in a race meeting is to use glue on the T nut, and leave pleanty of time for it to cure.

The slipper has been a pain for me whilst running the car, there seems to be quite abit of a difference between batches of the slipper hardware (screw,t nut, springs etc) as ive built my own, and also Jimmys slipper exactly the same yet they are completely different (his works, mine backs off!).

The only definate way of a backup for a mid meeting crisis is to have another full slipper assembly ready, however I don't wish to do this my self, either.

i've recently tried to install a thrust bearing on to the screw to make the slipper adjustable and not back off (thanks to mr price for the idea) mid meeting, however ive not had time to test this out. I will let you know wether it works or not when i get chance to have a crack with it.