View Single Post
Old 14-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez82 View Post
Funny you should say that, I ran used (1 year old) JB28's last night at my club, used them all night and they were fine, not too grippy, not too slippy, about right and they squeel good after about three laps too! No need for addictive or warmers, just bolt on and go.
Right after another bash at some testing, the HPI challange 30 tyres also seem very poor, ok for a 5 minute race, but take them longer than that and it is back the way of the X-patterns. No pick up this time, just a under steering over steering pig. Bolt on a set of old JB28's hey presto. I even have the timing data showing how inconsistent the Challenge 30's are.
I was never expecting mega grip, it is endurance racing afterall. But using the HPI's would not be an enjoyable experience.

One point to note, If there are approx.13 teams running HPI challenge 30's/X-patterns, it might be very busy marshalling.... more likely dangerous (to the marshals). You will crash using these tyres.

My vote is for Sorex tyres! They just work, and didn't look too bad. I am willing to make vinyl decals for the disc wheels to simulate spokes.

....+ don't get me onto motor's, we have blown 2 already. There are better alternatives in our opinion. This might be a long 24hrs......

On the plus side, the Sprint is a robust little fella, and the 911 body looks quite good. I will post up a picture in the near future of our painted body.

This ins't bashing... i think we all just want it to be a great event for all involved.