View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011

no worries charlie, you had enough on...

there must be some rule somewhere in the BRCA handbook which relates to the use of mobiles both on the rostrum and when marshalling... i know i've had a telling off for using an ipod at a TC meeting a few years back, and that was only one headphone in, apparently i was distracted while marshalling because of the tunes... i duly left it in the pits after that.

i'm not asking for the world am in in saying that we expect to be marshalled quickly and most importantly SAFELY without being yelled at (and yes i did shout at the marshall in question who still remained oblivious to the shout...)...we are a good freindly region, the clubs all do a very good job in hosting these meetings for us and they are let down by as already mentioned marshalls who just dont appear bothered about marshalling the race.

it does look at times that the marshall thinks they may gain an advantage by not getting to the car quickly..but think about it...the cars you are marshalling are in a better heat than you so the driver should be quicker anyway!

i wouldn't excpect anyone on the marshall point after the jump on sunday to racing out into traffic, it was a dangerous spot and so has to be treated with care.

back to phones and the quote about having kids at home... really???? ... we race for 5 mins... if your phone rings in your pocket are you gonna pull up mid race stop and answer it (if the problems are that serious maybe you shouldn't be racing that weekend)? between races there is a small gap... ring them back.. if its a serious issue ask the driver your replacing if they could do a double stint..i cant see anyone in our region not doing that...

i'm glad this post has highlighted that we are slacking as a region...i'm sure nathan will mention this on sunday at grantham... c'mon guys and girls lets just pick our game up!