View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011

Thanks everyone for the help - you've all been great

Quote:
Originally Posted by john333 View Post
yes I remember the Mansfield series! run by a bloke called Malcolm Webb if I remember correctly. Wish it was still going as I live there now.

Can't help you club wise, but can confirm buggy racing is deffo more popular at the moment than TC.

Broxtowe (quite near Mansfield) are apparently going to run a winter series on their awesome new astro track which even when it's wet drains really well, so that is a possibility maybe for a few sundays over winter?

I just got back into racing after many years and am really enjoying it....the new technology such as brushless and lipo is just amazing!
That's it John! Definately 'big' Malcolm who used to run it! I remember being a bit nervous of him since he was a bit larger than life and did the scrutineering..! Good memory!

I'll definately have to come to Broxtowe - looks good and getting out all over the country is part of the fun. See you there sometime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattybucks View Post
Hi,

Welcome back, I'll also be running indoor meeting on a Wednesday eve in the Milton Keynes area, and hopefully a grass track on pretty soon - I'm just trying to track down a mobile rostrum.
What days will you be running? Wednesdays only or weekends too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungleaio View Post
Welcome back, you will soon wonder why you ever gave up! There is quite a few of us who gave up in our late teens and have made a bit of a comeback to racing.

It doesn't matter if you can't race every week, just race as often as you can. I'm not sure why but saturday racing isn't very popular and I don't know the clubs around your area so I can't advise on when they race. My club (hinckley) races on a saturday afternoon but it's a bit of a trek for you.

I've tried TC and off road and I prefer the bumpy stuff, TC can get very expensive buying tyres all the time and it just doesn't seem as much fun as getting some air over a table top.

Check out the BRCA club list and go along to your nearest clubs and have a chat and see what they are running. http://www.brca.org/?q=clubs be careful though as you may have a few deliveries arriving very shortly after
Thanks chap! How busy does it get at Hinckley? May have to make the trip as you run on a Saturday...