Thread: Team Tekin Q&A
View Single Post
Old 23-10-2011

Default A little help and advice needed please...

A little help and advice needed please...

I'm a fairly experienced 8th off road racer, but am a bit of a noob when it comes to 10th electric. I've just bought a DEX410v3 to run through the winter, and having done a bit of practice on Saturday, have encountered an issue where I can't run for 5 mins.

After about 3 1/2 to 4 mins, I get intermitted cutouts where I loose all power to both motor and servo. This comes back after a few seconds and power seems to be okay for a short while before cutting out again. When I first hit the track all seems to be good; good power etc, it just seems to cut out after a period of time. Temps don't seem to be too high (I didn't actually temp the motor but I could happily hold my finger on it for a while), and the speedo (Tekin RS) was flashing 3 leds in a row followed by the 4th on on it's own. The cells took less than 2000 mah following each run.

Setup is as follows;

Durango DEX410
Orion 90C cells (brand new)
LRP 6.5 motor (brand new)
Tekin RS
Gearing 87/22 pinion
I haven't adjusted the timing on the motor endbell so I'm not sure what that is as stock, or even if you can adjust it?

On the Tekin I'm running the latest firmware and the following settings;

Boost - 10
Start rpm - 5443
End rpm - 20000

Turbo settings are all on zero/off

Motor type - forward only
Voltage cutoff - 2s
Sensored drive mode
Motor direction - reversed (I had to reverse this to get it to run forwards, is this normal?)
Throttle profile - 3
Current limiter - 85

Drag brake - 10
Brake strength - 100
Reverse off
Neutral width - 10
Push control - off

No doubt I'm being a muppet and doing something wrong, but any help or advice would be much appreciated as I'm at a bit of a loss as to where to start!