View Single Post
Old 15-11-2011

Send a message via Skype™ to Cardnim

Great racing last Wed night Ed. Thanks again to everyone to help make this happen.
Was really great to see some of the top touring car drivers there schooling us on how to drive buggies (damn them!)

However, this isnt a criticism of anyone - and is purely designed to help make racing better and more fun - I wonder if we could do a few things to help speed the night up?

It was 8:35 before the heats actually began, and 4WD final finished at about 11:25!
Thats pretty late.
Mostly, I think this was due to no track being set up again. I was there about 7:15, and was getting setup, batteries on etc, but alot of people were just standing around talking. Noone actually took responsibility for the track until much later on.

If doors open (as it says on the website) at 7pm then having the track open for practise 7:30 should be easily achievable.
(we dont even really need the timing computer for this I think)

Two ways I think to do this:

- have 3 or 4 people on a "Track Building Committee" who turn up a bit earlier to do the setup
- and/or; just keep the same track layout every week, and have a photo of it in a folder or something, so that no matter who is there, they know what needs to go where.
Personally, for me, this would be a big help, and give me the confidence to go ahead and get the track set out by myself if necessary. I dont feel I can do that at the moment as I dont have enough experience racing to build a proper track from scratch.

If this same track was kept, then it could be "altered" by keeping the pipes in the same place, but altering the mats, jumps and bump sections.

As I said, not meant as a slagging or anything - I love racing at Drop-Inn!
But maybe it can be made a bit more efficient and fun for everyone (including you Ed, who doesnt get a chance to race yourself, as you are trying to get people in to marshall and race as quick as you can because the time has overrun!)