Thread: Hacked?
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
I might do that carl, but I'd ADD as much as I could for 'subscribers' rather than take away from everyone else. I'm not mean! I've found out the hard way that I've created a monster and that it's not cheap to run even a moderately popular website at all.

I have done all I can to keep this old site running - I have spent hours fixing the hacks and other things. it's still here at the moment, just.
Jimmy

i think you should just open up the option for people to become site supporters, you don't need to necessarily give them extra priveleges but thats an option? private lounge maybe? probably not needed tbh as from what i can see people seem pretty keen anyway

you can add an image like this by peoples usernames to show who is a supporter

i support a few sites & you'd be surprised exactly how many people would step up when given the opportunity!
usually its a donation of a tenner via paypal and if that seems expensive to somebody consider the fact that just 1 piece of good advice from here could save you much more than that for a wrong purchase, how many times have we all bought something that later turned out to be duff then realised if we'd read up on it we would have known
access to that kind of information is worth a tenner alone as is the excelent event coverage and awesome pics

i should be in sales LOL