View Single Post
Old 16-05-2012

"I agree with Nick.... I have massive respect for the RC10 drivers at the 93 Worlds at Basildon, Joel 'Magic' Johnson took TQ with the new XX which for me felt like such a more stable car which would have suited the very bumpy track well - from my brief experience driving my RC10 a couple of years ago I can echo Nick's findings of the car feeling twitchy & prone to catching bumps & jumps - Brian Kinwald did an amazing job to bring the Ali panned car home to victory that year" [quote]

I agree with you,
When you look at the associated cars that won the previous two worlds which had suspension geometry that ended up on the B2 it seems very strange that they used the standard car for the 93 event. still won though!!

"I've tried giving the old cars a shot at the track but I can practice for a week setting up an old RC10 getting it dialed in and learning how to drive it. Give me my JRX, XX (which I need to get rid of), or XXX (CR2) and I'll be able to go faster in less than 5 minutes with fewer incidents. Practice makes perfect but inferior design makes it tougher to achieve".[/QUOTE]

I have no doubt that the XX was the better car at the time but for me personally the ali tub RC10 feels much more "vintage"....I already have a modern buggy that handles well. It all comes down to personal choice I guess.