Thread: Kyosho RB6
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col View Post
But that's not the case, is it?
I can assure you that my original 2007 RB5 was run in original configuration (long shocks and all) with the exception of going to the LA243 rear wishbones (does that make me the first person to put the axle spacer inside the hub on UM510 driveshafts like the current FS2???).
When I released the Scorpion conversion this was built from that car, still got the original diff out drives, shafts and more or less complete front end, shocks etc on it as she sits in front of me now!

My previous Lazer was a ZX5 converted to an SP with the conversion kit and run like that for about 16 months, updated to an FS with the next conversion kit and run like that for 2 years! That car still has the original transmission gears from the ZX5 kit in (apart from the one-way crown wheel which failed after a hurried rebuild at a wet event).

I did buy a new RB5-sp2 and a new FS2-sp kit last year but that was purely because I felt like "fresh" cars for this season, my old cars are still used when I go indoors on carpet at club and will for some time (mainly because I have them set up specifically for flat carpet with no jumps)!

I'd say they have done well wouldn't you? Durable cars Kyosho