View Single Post
Old 25-03-2013

Send a message via MSN to bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by andys View Post
Hi James.

What did you end up buying re camera etc - is it a GoPro that you used - also what did you use to stabilise it ?

I'm quite into Video / Filming etc and use a DSLR and After Effects and loads of other stuff for my real work - and quite fancy the idea of combining my 2 fav things (Film/Video & RC !)

Neal - I think i'll hold fire and hopefully have a look at yours when you are sorted as you seem to know what you are doing & what to buy !

Also - anyone know what's involved in getting the video feed from a GoPro to a pair of glasses so you can fly from the Quad's perspective - or is that going to be silly expensive.

Anyway - very tempted to sell all my Nitro gear and 'take the plunge'... Neal, get yours sorted then you can put me a shopping list together
If you are looking to buy into the hobby I have lots of stuff that I may look to sell which should save you a fair few quid buying new.
Most of the stuff I have has only been used a couple of times infact I not even used my fatshark goggles yet as once I got all my gear I had a newborn and then winter came early (as usual ).
Get a shopping list together then give me a shout to see if I have what you need.
To give you an idea I have fatshark goggles , ground station in a nice neat case with no blue screen monitor (important) I have uhf radio system (50mile plus range) 5.8 video gear with cloverleaf , patch and standard antennas and also 1.2ghz video with similar antennas as mentioned. (Most of that is unused in packet) lipos loads more .f450 quad dji naza gps and flight control and even an osd so you grt a similar view fightrr jets get on screen.