View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013
SHRCCC Legend

Won't comment on today's individual race meeting issues as that's down to the race director.

However some need to realise its toy cars, not life and death. You had Streeter, Westwood and Sadler in the A final all good mates but Rubin' n Racing hard, all fair and equal. Few strops today and its tough to call for the RD with out help.... However funny to us mere mortals

Roger M came up with a great idea a few weeks back, reward the winner of the H final with zero marshalling but they stay on the rostrum to call lapping cars / address contact etc so the commentator can commentate. Seems sensible to me. This would follow on through all finals.

Should there be a regional referee at each and every round? Hard to choose, let along judge. Perhaps it could be a paid position? I'd pay an extra 50p on a race fee!

However my personal final (D) was very well commentated and ruled upon, but it was very clean with some great drivers, for that matter so was heat 6 so well done to everyone I raced against today

Personally I love commentating on the lower finals, it's where the fun and action is and also a bit of banter and I think the commentating today was very good (Darren ).