View Single Post
Old 29-07-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG28 View Post
I am not sure i am against it anyway to be honest, nationals aren't full, rc costs a fortune, maybe having one car do both classes is no bad thing!?
The thing is it only really works on very high grip, any moisture on the track and they are useless. So now if you want all the options for the different conditions you need a 4wd, a traditional mid motor 4 gear AND and 2/4wd hybrid. So for most people that's going to cost even more, especially if you have another set of electrics in the hybrid so you can easily throw the mid-4 down if it rains before your heat.

People at the weekend were talking about the front diff acting 'like a gyro' or something similar, personally I can't see how that is the case with all the heavy bits of the diff being so close to it's centre. Maybe if the front diff was geared up to spin at crazy high RPM, IMO it's just the same as having a big chunk of dead weight on the front of the car.

I can't see any reason why it should be banned really, as technically you're not breaking any rules by doing it. It just doesn't seem to be in the spirit of the rules/sport to me.