View Single Post
Old 13-08-2013

It seems to be a real struggle to get enough people together on a regular basis to race a full vintage class, so it seems I normally end racing my older cars against the modern stuff in the main heats... & just seeing how I fare. My Vintage 'mounts' are all what i'd call racer-grade cars so are a bit more suitable for such racing compared to cars like the SRBs, Hornets, Frogs etc but it is still amazing how well these cars go especially when fitted with more up-to-date electrics... I've even managed to be quite competitive, finding myself at the sharp end of a few A finals, when the track conditions have favoured the rear motor configuration cars (all my vintage runners are 2wd)

I have so far raced a Worlds RC10, a Losi XX and most recently a Losi JRX2 - I get a massive buzz from running these cars, especially if I get a decent result & I love the reaction from the other racers - some think its some 'hot' new design whilst others remember the days when it actually was the 'latest thing' - but all seem rather miffed when they realise they've just been beaten by a 20-25yr old car!
+ too many vintage racers to list!