View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I went from a c4.1 to a yok, and the quality difference is night and day. The yok works fantastically out of the box, all I added was some harder front springs and ae sized front axles so I could use my stock of wheels and tyres. Sure I've added some bling bits now, but not needed from day one to perform. The yok has been the most durable car I've owned, the only breakage I've had was a rear upper link plastic ball end pulling off the turnbukle, and a loose servosaver.

If you race on high grip tracks, then sure the new Ali chassis version is the one to get. If however you are going into the winter indoor season on low traction tracks, then the plastic chassis generates unreal amounts of grip. I prefer a ball diff too. The offer on at mb models right now of the v1 kit plus Ali chassis is ace. Just add in the Ali idler gears. Some people have had problems with stripping the plastic ones, mine were fine, just replaced them last week with Ali, but they were still perfectly serviceable.

For me it's a no brainer, the yok is everything you could hope the centro could be, but even better.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------