View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by knighthawk View Post
Got to say this is starting to annoy me !

And now there are going to be different wheels and tyres types with AKA

Sorry, rant over
oh no! shock news... someone has tried to reinvent the wheel, again.

Don't worry about it. These AKA rims are 12mm hex, not that it matters.
In the UK its not an issue, as I've mentioned before. Schumacher aren't about to throw away their tyre moulds and make new ones to fit these rims. It's irrelevant to the UK 1/10th buggy market. The BRCA may make a rule change, if only to ensure that we keep using tyres and wheels of the current design. I'm sure Schumacher may even push the BRCA to write in that rule, which is probably where this is coming from?
Either way, do any UK dealers actually carry any AKA EVO wheels and tyres? I think not as its an obsolete product here. The tyres are only for US style indoor hard packed clay. We have two tracks like that in the UK, RHR Dirt and
Storm Valley, both of which are Proline tyres (CML) only.

AKA may have tried to innovate with this product, but I think it's being shut down. Notice they haven't committed their entire tyre range to it, probably a smart move, given the rest of the industry in the US is trying to shut them down with this change.

Next.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------