View Single Post
Old 20-03-2014
Mad Member

My opinion is that if you made the track 10th specific, I think that there would be much more interest. I know of a couple of people who have been and were put off because, I think, not so much of the low grip, but the big features that were very difficult to navigate on account of the low grip. having run 4wd round on my most recent visit, the grip issues were not as large (as expected) but having several cars running round and navigating the "obstacles" at different speeds could be a problem.

On a personal note, the last time I came to run, I planned a full day but left at lunchtime on account of all the Nitros - if they are not barging you off the track (cos lets face it, the track is small for 10th, for 8th it must seem very small) then the constant running of the cars in the pits and the "fog" of exhaust in the track arena soon make the novelty of running on dirt evaporate. Its not a criticism of the facility or of Nitro per-se, rather the co-existence of 10th and 8th on the same day! Other tracks I've been to where both run at the same meeting have had the same problem (except for fumes, cos they were outside).