View Single Post
Old 30-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonrhart View Post
I've only just got mine on the track a couple times but I too find the car performs better with ballistic buggy tyres than shumacher mini spikes.

I found a 7.5T motor in the car underpowered even with boost turned up with a low gear ratio. The car is 200 grams heavier than a Kyosho Lazer ZX 5 fs 2 sp.

No problems since replacing with a 5.5T motor. I run 35wt front, green front springs and 30wt rear with stock yellow springs. I had problems with steering, the stock servo horn will break. You need an alloy one. Also I upgraded the stock plastic ackerman parts with the TLR alloy one. The steering horn will break on a hard landing. Thanks to George I was able to replace the broken one I had recently at a club meeting.

Other than that still setting it up, but I do love it. It is waaay easier to drive than my Lazer ZX on astro. Will try the wider rear hex.

Simon
About the weight, I saved 80 grams doing this:

Saddle-pack (Forward position) gives us a 46,2/53,8 weightdistribution(%).
Saddle-pack (Rearward position) is 45,7/54,3.
Shorty-pack gives us 46,1/53,9.

Side to side with a shorty, it's normally 10-20 grams of a difference, but if you run a fairly light shorty(My Venoms are 208gr) and a bit heavy servo(My s6090 is 10gr heavier than the 6040), I end up with a 50,5/49,5 L to R.

Totalweight w/ saddle = 1801g
Totalweight w/ shorty = 1720g

I think it got a bit more punchy, and I still run more than ten minutes with a 3800 mah shorty.

Setupwise I haven't really gotten down a baseline setup I like yet, and since we run only pins in Norway, I don't think it'll do good for you guys on spikes. BTW, can anyone enlighten me on why you mostly run spikes in the UK? BRCA? Pins are faster, more grippy, with about the same wear, and it doesn't tractionroll that easy in my opinion. It does tend to make buggy racing a bit more like onroad though, but still

Spektrum DX4R Pro - TLR 22 2.0 & TLR 22-4 - Absima

Team Smallsize