View Single Post
Old 09-08-2014

Default SWIRC Vintage Class

Matt and I have been chatting for a while about running a vintage class, so thought it might be good to start a thread for those interested

I'm particularly interested in this as I used to race a Schumacher Top Cat and Cougar in the late 80's / early 90's. I raced against many RC10's, and always wanted a gold pan RC10, and those who know me will have seen my new re-re gold pan, and I'm keen to get it on the track!

I did try it out on the track last night, however, the standard Pro-Line Champion/Edge tyres were hopeless on the carpet, kept spinning out on the corners! I'm hoping I've found a solution in some old school RC10 2.2" 5 spoke wheels, so I've ordered some, and another set of carpet tyres - should be here in time for next Thursdays race evening! I also have a 1992 Cougar which needs a little work before it can come along. I'll post up some pics of the RC10 & Cougar when I get on the proper computer.

Would love to hear thoughts of anyone interested in running a vintage class! Any pics of vintage/re-re/classic cars you might be able to bring along appreciated too!!