View Single Post
Old 13-09-2014

Default Procat and works tomy

Like a lot of people on the forum have been out of the sport for longer than I care to mention but now my son is about to hit 8 the fun of r/c cars is calling me back. We went to watch the recent memorial meeting at bury and it's changed a bit, I left the sport in 1992 to race 1/8th nitro (thanks to Ian Oddie) but never really got on with Nitro and gave up for good in 1993.

I am thinking of starting up again with my son and have dragged the old cars out of the garage...
First is my 1991 cat xls which was modded into a procat, also have a big pile of bits the other is my works Tomy one of the first cars in the uk. Heavily modded of course. Are these worth anything? Should we look at getting these running with new electrics as vintage racing seems to be picking up or sell them and go for something all new? What would people advise for a young starter and his dad? Would also be great to hear from any guys from the early 90's north west Oldham/bury/bolton/southport who remember the good old days of buggy racing

Dave Ashworth
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (362.2 KB, 121 views)