View Single Post
Old 26-10-2014
Spends too long on oOple ...

Some regions haven't run to the EB list for years and as it isn't a stock class, when my original LiPO's were on their last legs, knowing the battery wasn't the prime performance factor I made the decision to spend that money elsewhere, it is only this year that has been an issue.

I do agree that Regional tracks should be 'more' than a club day track, as a club organiser, our regional tracks are normally at least 100% bigger with wider lane widths etc so racers can have the 'feel' of a larger track to a national(ish) standard, but they shouldn't have to be concerning themselves with EB list unless they run at a national, as long as the motor is a 540 size and their battery is a 2S in a hard case does it really matter (and the argument of 'well they could be using super new cells'... let them carry on, more fool them if they have spent through the nose for something unnecessary, this is an OFF-ROAD specific issue).

Nationals were over-subscribed this year, and if I intend to run Nationals, or my lad does, then we would HAVE to re-invest and be compliant but as it stands, regional racing is just another way to have fun at low cost.