View Single Post
Old 06-11-2014
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to MattW

Yes, I'd only seen it on internet news........

But it appears it went something like this (someone feel free to correct me if I get this section wrong). Someone thinks it's a good idea for regional's not to use the list, and proposes it (good man - he understands how this works). Then he goes to the AGM to present it and vote for it. While at the AGM, he decides it wasn't such a good idea after all, so withdraws it. Why he does this, we don't know unless you were there - I wasn't! Maybe it was discussed, and he started to understand why having a list is a good idea (this is why online voting won't work btw). So now what's happened - it seems that there are other people who thought the proposer was on to something. However, they didn't read the proposals / decided not to go to the AGM to support it and are generally a bit miffed about it all.

Personally, I fully understand the origins of the EB list, I was at the AGM at the Chesterfield hotel where the off road section elected to be a part of the EB and use their lists. I also remember a couple of years ago where having the list initially prevented saddle pack lipo's from being used as they didn't actually fit many cars - so the list prevented a situation where by some people were able to run lipo and some weren't. It forced the battery manufactures to produce cells that would actually fit into cars designed for saddle packs. Seems like a good thing to me.