View Single Post
Old 23-02-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by sime46 View Post
Lol. Tricky to explain. I've not used the centre diffs much tbh as I prefer the feel of the slipper so far. Er, the car with a diff fitted seems to settle quicker through rhythm sections and jumps/landings. I also like how it appears to help rotation when coming into a tight turn from high speed. However, the diff makes the car spin up the inside front wheel when getting on the gas hard going onto a straight and can make it feel unpredictable sometimes too. It's a feel thing. With the slipper the car feels the same every lap. The diff just takes a little confidence away from me when pushing. As I said, I've not done much with the diff if I'm honest cos I feel faster with the slipper. I've got 500k in one and 1m in the other. I need a test day to get into it more and play with oils and set up changes to take full advantage.
Thanks for the info, it's much appreciated. I race on a very slippy gym floor and currently have a 2013 XB4, I am considering buying the 2015 primeraly for the center diff option, the main handling characteristic I would like to improve is rotation in tight turns (additional grip is also always welcome too) as mine just seems to carry on pushing past the apex. It sounds like the center diff could definitely help with this but maybe the trade offs aren't worth it.