Thread: Wanted Schumacher Cat XLS bits
View Single Post
Old 27-02-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimaFan View Post
Hi

As some may already know, I am rebuilding a Cat xls with some Procat bits here and there. I also got 2 different color shocks with one of the cars that form the base for this rebuild. The front shocks are the slightly dulled silver metal color. The rear ones however are more shiny and a darker shade of silver, leaning a bit towards the color of stainless steel or light titanium. If possible, I would like the same color shocks up front. So if you have a couple of these willing to part with, please let me know.

There are two sorts of the early design Schumacher shocks - as you point out, some are sort of a darker (but more shiney) shade... these shocks are plated where as the more dull silver shocks are natural aluminium - it seems the plated shocks were more of a later thing & came with later ProCats, Cougars & Mk1 Nitro10s etc. Personally I prefer the original natural aluminium shocks as the plating on the later ones can tend to flake off. Both types respond well to a polish up using brasso

+ too many vintage racers to list!