View Single Post
Old 05-06-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Neil Lewis, Your 'who cares' statement is quite an interesting one...

Typically people that 'Dont care' usually ignore something they don't care about quite simply because they do no care...

Neil Ralph, I find it hard to work out how you can find such a negative difference between the DEX210v1 and DEX210v2, all of the parts are cross compatible so you can use v1 parts to 'setup' your car in your favorite settings.

A manufacture provides a car with setup options and option/alternative parts to allow customers to tune the car to exactly the way they want it to drive.

DIMEC Chassis, if you don't like the way it drives or you find it isn't strong enough then you can use the stock DEX210v2 Alu chassis. (see above in reference to setup options and car tuning)
Personally, I used the DIMEC chassis at the oOple race on dirt because I wanted more flex in my car than the Alu chassis and did quite well with it.
I also used it at worksop a few times in MM config

In my opinion the TD line-up of 10th cars was missing something

DEX210v2
RM - great for low grip dirt, medium grip dirt
MM - great for medium/high grip dirt, multisurface astroturf tracks with concrete sections, wet astroturf, low traction carpet with polished floor, worksop and also on grass tracks.

<gap>
'velcro' 100% astroturf tracks
high traction carpet (EOS style)
(a lot of the UK outdoor tracks recently)

DEX410v4
- all tracks, awesome

This car has been designed and developed to sit alongside the DEX210v2 and DEX410v4 cars. Its not a fad car, the design has been considered and refined and we are really happy with the result.

Though my initial reply was directed towards the 2 Neils, they don't care so its probably a waste of my time,
but for the people that do care, I hope you appreciate my honest insight

the RC race industry is cyclical, no one manufacturer stays in favor all the time.
I'm looking forward to looking back on some of these 'Durango hate' threads and seeing 'Durango' cars in peoples signatures.