View Single Post
Old 30-06-2015

Default Advice on a new ESC please

Hi guys,

Im looking to get a new ESC and need some advice/views
firstly im not made of money and have around £100 set aside for an esc

I drive a b5m mainly outdoor astro (bury metro and southport) and indoor carpet (ribble valley)

currently i have a speed passion reventon R with an 8.5t sp motor
Cannot fault the set up, easy to set up, never let me down, really smooth etc

Car handles great but i really feel i need more top end and low down grunt. At the regionals on sunday at southport in the corner sections i was pulling away from people and overtaking well (car handles great) but on the straight people would catch me quite easily hence my yearn for more top end. low down i feel i need more punch for when you need a good sharp squirt to nip infront of someone... but my current set up just lacks in that department.

I have a hobbyking 120a in my box with an orca rx2 8.5t - but im sure its the ESC, often it would just shoot off full pelt on its own randomly - a glitch buster calmed this down but ive no confidence in it and at regionals i dont want to be accident taking people out cos the cars decided to shoot off on its own so looking for a reliable brand.

just really looking for input, im no here near a top diver, usually B final at ribble and bury depends how many turn up but was in B final the other week. I know I can do better as Im really smooth and 99% clean

Esc's im looking at

reventon pro (as SP havent let me down with the reventon r)
vampire SR1+ - i like the idea of not having to mess with the boost etc
Sky Rc toro 120a - a friend has one and recommends it - plus is only around £60
LRP flow - I know several guys with these so must be decent
Absima revenge cts 160a

or any others?

Thanks for looking