View Single Post
Old 01-08-2015

Not set to blinky yet, waiting for the tuning box to arrive for the esc.

Club was great and didn't mind, which was kind.

Yes, won't be long...weighing up the pros and cons of having the same car myself versus something else like the Zen, but will certainly have the same esc, motor etc as they seem fine at novice level.

Urgent need for new tires, and have ordered them today 50 Front and 40 Back on the suggestion of a club member, superglue was omitted from my shopping list what an error! And a higher wattage soldering iron is on its way, should avoid further problems.

Jr has now applied for his BRCA license, and it would appear mine from 1990 has expired so will need one soon too I hope

Maritime is appealing as it is so close to where I live and waiting two weeks for the next race is quite hard!

After the initial expense, it is a cheap night out. Entrance fee, couple of bags of crisps and a few drinks... less than a tenner. Missus and daughter spent more watching a film!

Quick question.

I bought the lipo strap upgrade as I reckon that it is more cost effective than buying battery tape, and whilst it works perfectly, thumbscrews to retain it would be better (maybe Schumacher should do this as standard?), anyone done this? I think they are M3 size, would be interested to know where they got them from.

In general, I think the best advice for a novice is to slow everything down, the throttle is limited to 80pct on my sons car now with the steering expo at -30pct. This dramatically changed his ability to get round after the first qualy, particularly keeping it in a straight line on the main straight of the circuit.

Drive first, speed will follow.

Cheers
Stuart