View Single Post
Old 28-08-2015

Well, another night at Sidcup.

Jr had fun, new shell (Type A) far less issues than the Lambo style shell as per advice.

I ran my car for the first time and to say it's hectic dealing with two cars at a time is an understatement.

Jr's seems to be set up in a way he likes and I have done practically the same. However, mine understeers a great deal, will have to work on that!

Interesting problem which is most likely a case of buy cheap, buy twice. Our radio gear seems to interfere with each others intermittently, very strange so open to suggestions for replacement. I think I prefer sticks, and he likes a wheel.

Bit of a disaster before the final. Let Jr get his car ready, glance to the left and see smoke pouring from the car. Wrong polarity on the LiPo, dead ESC...

Did a quick change of transponder and sent Jr off in my car for the final. He's upset but I did not get angry with him. Lesson learned for us both. Dad will supervise more closely, and shorten one of the wires to ensure its impossible to get it the wrong way round.

New ESC now ordered, and off to bed.

Cheers
Stuart