View Single Post
Old 23-09-2015

Ok first mention this week is a massive thanks to Martin Purvis thanks to whom the club now has a Road Rail track system!!!!!

This should save time and effort setting up and clearing up, takes no space to store, no tape, reduces marshalling requirement to almost non existent (unless you clip it too hard and roll), and is much more car friendly so will reduce breakages and shells should last a lot longer. Great Result for the club – Cheers Martin!!!

I remember looking a this when we first moved to TyneMet as a way to reduce storage requirement and thinking “how much” – cant remember the exact price and it doesn’t seem to be listed with price anywhere now but it was SEVERAL £K!

Anyway we tried out some drift racing last night with foam tyres on the wood which I for one enjoyed, and I’m guessing Jedward for another did as he managed a lap more than anyone else on them!
Not to everyone’s liking tho as some drivers simply didn’t have the talent to drive them (Hindson ;-)….

Good fun tho and maybe something to do as an occasional change – talk of running rally blocks sometime as well J

Last night’s overall winner was Paul Ainscow taking both pole and both race wins J

Series results after last nights drifting attached.

See you all back next week when hopefully the track setup will be a little more straight forward once we have some “pegs” to hold the new track together in the form of brown wall plugs – already sorted ;-)