View Single Post
Old 06-05-2016

I wouldn't say that running multiple car's should be stopped and even if it was how far down the chain should nominating a chassis for the day go? Are people going to be policing this sort of things at club level? I think not.

One thing I have noticed however is that due to the amount of people who now have the option of wet and dry specific cars it's getting more difficult to compete with one car if the conditions do not suit. In the North west regionals 4 of the rounds are on high bite astro and 2 round on grass tracks. In this case you may have a forward motor car or laydown box car which is perfect for the high bite astro but come the grass tracks you will find getting the car around tricky especially if wet against guys with specific low grip cars.

To be able to compete at the top end of a competetive region such as the north west it's almost neccessary to have multiple platforms which means more money. The introduction of lipo and brushless made it far easier to race at a good level on a budget but now with multiple cars it's getting harder.

It's frustrating for me personally as I have other commitments currently so cannot justify buying more cars so if the weather doesn't suit what I have I struggle to challenge near to top of regionals.

There just doesn't seem to be any 'good all rounder' cars available these days as manufacturers are making high/low grip specific kits.

Chris