View Single Post
Old 30-08-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

On the subject of weight loss, I need some advice if anyone is qualified enough to know the answer?

In 2001 I slipped my L5S1 disc out partially but not enough that doctors would refer me to the hospital for MRI's or surgery.

After 7 years of suffering with the resultant sciatica and putting on weight due to not feeling able to exercise/ruining my posture from the muscle spasms and contractions etc I fell off a chair at work in early 2008 and 2/3rd's of my disc popped out.

Spent 2 weeks unable to move my left leg due to the disc popping out and completely mullering my sciatic nerve. Spent the next 5 months literally crying my eyes out in pain everytime I had to do anything that required moving my body..but still had to go to work 5 days a week as a salesman driving in uncomfortable positions for hours and then pounding the pavements for hours.

In fact the pain was so unbearable at times and resonated from my left ankle all the way to the underside of my gentlemans bits that I even started telling my parents I was scared I would lose the use of my bits Bad times.

Anyh0w, Oct 2008 I had the majority of the disc removed and the two vertabrae were ground down to reduce any bone rubbing (Dremelling!).

My problem (amongst others) is this. I still have nerve damage from the disc popping out so badly and pushing the nerve so hard. Where you can all do tippy-toes on both feet and on each individual foot, I cannot do that on my left leg. I have no pushing power at all and when I run/jog my right leg pushes off but my left leg just buckles so I basically look like the hunch back of Notre Dame shuffling into the distance..with running shoes on.

Does anyone know if that nerve damage and the resultant lack of any "pushing power" in my left leg will ever change?

When I fell off the chair and the dsic slammed into my nerve it made my left hamstring spasm so hard that the hamstring locked up solid for the first 4 hours. Once the muscle gave up the ghost (as said above) it took 2 weeks before I could even move the leg and a further 2 weeks before I could use it to stand on.

I just need to know if I will ever be able to use my leg properly again, regain the strength...and if so, how??

Or will I limp for the rest of my life?

Thanks in advance.

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Forums are better than Facebook groups