View Single Post
Old 23-02-2012
SHRCCC Legend

Dear all,

It has come to my attention that issuing the above statement has led to possible more questions that answers. Therefore I would like to clarify further still.

Donation to Children in Need:

I have spoken to Children in Need about getting a letter / certificate for the donation made. However, speaking to the operative it's not that simple. This is what their website says:

And finally, let us say Thank You! Don't forget to get your 'Thank You' certificate! To get yours, either:
1. Use your welcome letter You can fill in your welcome letter and send it back to us after it has been stamped by the bank.
2. Use your receipt You can send us the receipt from paying your money in.
3. Use a cheque You can send us your fundraising money by cheque.
Please tell us your address and the name you would like on your certificate!

The lady has kindly passed my details to the finance team to trace my payment. They said if you do not follow the above it’s extremely difficult to access individual payments as it's not worth their limited time.

She said they’ll look into it and if they can find it they will send out a letter/certificate. This could take a number of weeks, assuming they have the inclination.

Help 4 Heroes:

Spoke to H4H who also stood by what they say on their website:

Lloyds TSB For Account H4H DONOR a/c Account Number – 03524452 Sort-code - 30-90-21 Branch- Andover. If you use this method please could you send us a copy of the paying in slip with a covering letter detailing your donation with your name and address. This is very important because the bank does not give us details of individual donors. We will then be able to allocate your fundraising correctly and send a thank you letter.

Now, for those that don't know me, I'm a lazy bugger and make all my payment via the net. As I made both payments via bank payment and not over the counter I do not have a docket to send off to them. Without this, they say there is not much that can be done.

It would seem that many people have been going through Tony to get some answers, leaving Tony with a full email and inbox. Don't hassle Tony, hassle me, I'm pretty easy to locate and find.

Not really much more I can do on this subject now until the letters come back my way, of course I will be chasing these up should nothing prevail.

As for doing another charity based event/donation, well, I simply wont be bothering.

Just to add to this topic as I think it needs saying. MK Racing (aka Marc Kinight) did NOT look after the finances of the MK GP, I did. Whatever has happened with MK Racing since this racing meeting, the debts or the distrust in people, the money companies lost, is NOTHING to do with me. Wish I had'nt even bothered now with it to be honest considering the time and effort required to make it happen, and the clear up afterwards.

I'll report back as and when I get confirmations.