Thread: trf 2wd rumor
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010

I’ve decided to actually do something useful for the site and put my linguistic skills to full use here. I wonder how many places my translation will get used...

Anyways here is the info on the site

New 2WD Off Road Buggy (prototype name)
Due in June, Planned Retail price 34,800
Production of the 2WD prototype buggy confirmed!

Despite using a conservative rear end motor layout, the transmission case and chassis design has been designed using TRF know-how to create a high end 2WD buggy

The transmission case (gearbox), which is key to a 2WD buggy has 3/32” inch ball x 12 diff, 2.6mm diff screw and new design thrust bearing. Diff carrier, gear teeth and ball hole design have were particular areas of attention, giving long term performance.

Main chassis has vertical battery layout, with glass reinforced nylon for high strength and light weight. Chassis roll has been optimised using reaction and split line as well as material factors. Side skids have been designed to prevent raising centre of gravity whilst delivering optimum performance.

Other features include aeration damper with HL coated cylinders, titanium coated piston rods, Teflon guides, Teflon seal ball bearing, turnbuckles are blue titanium, WO type Universal shafts.

Well thats about all I could make of it. I do like th eprice. If it does retail for 35000 yen, that means the actual shop price could be something like 25000-30000 making the car about £175-£220 even with the current crappy exchange rate.

I certainly want one but wish they would find a way to put the 3mm balls in the diff like all the other TRF cars. I guess the diff is too small for that?