View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009

Default Getting to Aberdeen

I live in aberdeen and tend to fly around the UK a fair bit. Ok yes, its not the closest to anywhere in particular so I though i would just give some ideas of cost and time....

Flights....
Aberdeen airport is 20 mins away, as per the MMUK GP at stoney, we will pick people up if required.... flights from everywhere, see this map:
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/i...toaberdeen.jpg

If you book in advance to get cheapest flights.... from Luton on easyjet booking for March flying on a friday, returning on a monday its £80 (but you may have to pay more if you are bringing loads of kit!)

From Manchester for march on BMI baby its £70 in the sale, £100 otherwise. Any further north and i guess people would drive.

Road....
Durations from aa website from Leeds 7hrs (although I drive this every month and its 6 hours if no traffic!), from newcastle 5 3/4hrs (take an hour off this if no traffic)...

Train.... There are trains to Inverurie... book far enough in advance and they are dirt cheap.

The point I am trying to make is that if the round dates are set in advance by a fair amount, people can take advantage of the lower rail/air tickets and then the distance / cost thing doesnt seem too bad... but then again I would say that as I live in Inverurie and would trade my left foot for a decent track up here!

Regards

Chris