View Single Post
Old 27-12-2014

Default Wasp fury

I have just found this thread and realise I am a few years behind the start.

I have never posted a thread before so hope this gets through to Garreth Stote. My name is Dean Lanzante, I raced the blue Wasp Fury and still have it. I have all the Blue ali parts and at the moment it is in carbon spec. The Red car which was Marks and mine had the ali parts replaced for Carbon and the ali wheels to plastic to reduce weight. I do remember you racing the Black car.

I thought there were 5 cars built, clear, black, red, blue and gold. Many parts had been made for the first production cars which we're going to be blue. These were all at a machine shop in Surbiton which was your Dads. There were not enough parts to make complete cars though. I seem to remember most of us used LRP motors in them.

There were 2 body designs, the early one was quite square and the one that was going to production was much more futuristic - for those days. I have both versions still.

Mark and I both raced them in the USA in 1991 I think was the year. Later that year we also ran a 2WD version.

If you are interested I can get the car from storage and photo it. I will also ask Graham Bates who I still am in touch with if he has any pictures from the track.

Does anyone else have the other cars?

DL