View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by U1timate PigDog View Post
This is a great read mate, keep the pics and updates coming so we can all see the progress
Cheers pal. Only to happy to show the progress and its been a good learning curve for me as well. Hopefully some others may benefit from seeing the build as well.

Progress so far then.

As mentioned , i purchased everything and am quite familiar with building and removing the old components so got underway.

As a reminder this is what we had prior.

Quad core 2.4ghz, 4gb ram, foxconn mobo and 350gb hard drive, gtx460 overclocked.

Nothing wrong with the specs as the cpu is good for 7.1 on the windows score and was sppedy enough to handle all what i needed. However the i5 2500k unlocked running at anywhere from 4.2 to 5.0ghz sounds tempting so that the route to go.

New mobo pics

Looks quite nice in the flesh ha ha, glad the pc case has a window to err see half it

Now i hit a snag with the mobo, my old mobo was socket 775 with quite large pins and looked like you could literally drop the cpu onto it and the pins are robust. New mobo pins 1155 are tiny and bend very easily. I got a magnifying glass out and checked and could actually see 1 marginally bent pin. Hmm am i brave enough to attempt to straighten it ......

Decided just to be safe, let an expert see it.. They duly charged me £5 and straightened it with a stanly knife blade lmao. More balls than me ha ha and you couldnt tell afterwards. On a side note, ill find a link just to show how small these pins are. Could probably bend if you sneezed on them ha ha.
RC18T
Lunchbox Gold
X-6 squared
Lrp, Novak, Robitronic, Ko Propo, Ezrun , Trakpower ,Team Scream, Demon, Microtech, Dms, Good old Jezza, Je-Spares, Bolton Model Mart,

My Feedback http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25199