View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012
Mad Member

Problem time.

The radiator is that big that it obscures the first ram slots lmao. And the ram that i chose has big fins (probably for show and dont do much ).

Test fit shows the fan shroud on here

Now i actually ran into problems with this and had to remove the fan completely when testing the mobo and bios. Just left the rad on the cpu ( stayed cool to touch ).

The manual states that you must insert the ram into slot 1 (closest to the cpu otherwise it might not register for initial boot ). I tried it in slots 2 and 4 as 1 was obscured. This resulted in the pc simply resetting every 5 seconds.

I inserted into slot 1 and the pc sprang to life and allowed the fancy bios settings. However if i then inserted the additional 4gb ram into slot 3, the pc wouldnt boot and kept on resetting. I eventually found out my second stick of ram appears faulty ( corsair dominator 8gb 4x2 ). I only noted this as i tried this on its own in all the slots and it just rebooted every time. The good ram stick could go in any slot and allowed the pc to boot menu.

Hmm not a good start, will return this and get a new set or ask them to see of there is any fault on my mobo.

Nope this 8gb combo wont work

I decide to carry on and just run with 4gb ram instead of the 8 for the time being.
Went through the colourful bios settigns, makes a change from the boring 80s blue screen lol. and get the ssd fitted and unplug my normal hard drive.

The ssd drives are amazing, anyone thats used an ipad or similar will know this as its almsot instant in doing things. The 64gb crucual M4 is very fast and offers the best performance for the money at the moment. its only £65 and will easily halve your windowsboot time and will literally load all your programs lightening fast .

See this vid load windows and 27 progs lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5ZrBM_EPC8

As you can see there very fast lmao.

Reinstalled windows on the ssd , ready to test everything.
RC18T
Lunchbox Gold
X-6 squared
Lrp, Novak, Robitronic, Ko Propo, Ezrun , Trakpower ,Team Scream, Demon, Microtech, Dms, Good old Jezza, Je-Spares, Bolton Model Mart,

My Feedback http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25199