View Single Post
Old 24-10-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by optiman View Post
Ladys and Gents, and that's how you drive down a 4" nail with just one blow!
Well said!!!

Brushless are great, but that is somtehing that maybe it should have never existed. It's like RTR's, I mean is great that you can buy, open the box and race it within minutes, but where the hell is the fun in that?!
Racing R/C's are a hobby period. You need to build, tune and mantain them. By doing so you get involved in it, you cherish it, you literally fall in love with your machine... That's what happened to us... Do you really think that the new generation will get as consumed and passionate of the RTR's they buy as we did?(general question) No, I dont think so. Part or main reason of the passion I have for vintages are the good memories they bring back to me... Building my first Optima with my father, racing and repairing them with other kids, tunning(basically messing with the spring brushess lol) the motor, etc...
You just dont see that with RTR's and brushless. If the RTR gets broken they usually leave it at the hobby shop for repairs and brushless motors usually never go down.
Oh, I love comms, magnets, winds, brushess and timming. I love to build my own motor and get every inch of power out of it in the dyno.
What I do NOT love is winding perfectly a custom 15t triple and get distracted for a second and loss count of the winds!!!!!! Lol Hate that!! Arrrgg
I'm with both of you on this. I really miss the good old days.