View Single Post
Old 05-06-2018

As has been mentioned, the Proline Pinpoint is a viable alternative to the Dart. No it doesn't have quite as much grip but it lasts a lot longer.

The problem is the top drivers will always use the fastest tyre. At the moment from the control options that is the Dart. And if they wear then they will replace them every round. So to be competitive the guys who would make the B/C final will do the same as they want to (and are prepared to spend) be in with a chance of the A final.

And that filters down through the rest of the finals until the mind set of the guys in the lower finals is 'I can't compete unless I put new tyres on'.

I'm known for being tight with my tyres and will accept what ever result comes along for the amount of money i'm prepared to spend - I just want to enjoy the day.
For example at the Kidderminster 2wd regional I changed to Pin points during qualifying and still manged an 8th in round - leading to great fun battling at the front of the B final. At Coventry the top guys were on a set a run but I used the same set of Darts all day. Made it into the middle/back of the A and had fun running round with the people that were the same pace as me.
Used tyres can work - but expectations need to be managed on what can be achieved.