View Single Post
Old 26-04-2012
Mad Member

Quick calcs... 7 heats is 37 mins between races without time getting from pits to track and back...

we had 5 heats on Sunday which gives 21 minutes between races without time between track and pits.

It really doesn't seem that long when you've checked results then need to change something on car, grab some food or go for a pee etc!

I'm glad it wasn't just me that felt we were rushing about all day... and you lot didn't have to negotiate with Brooky Snr grabbing your brand new kourse Kings and threatening to throw them in the field behind us cos i got last pair from shop!

Gav, hat's off to you running 2 cars, especially if doing it without a helper

I don't think the grid start format qualifying will work at slightly narrower more technical 1/10th tracks unless there is plenty of room between grid and timing loop to get settled into positions before your clock starts. it may look fun but its not much fun if you get taken out by the pack or tangled on a crash in front of you when you are racing the clock and not each other in qualifying.

when starting together gridded on a straight even from standing you are not getting 1.5 seconds between trucks you would get with staggered starts.

You get 3 finals gridded for the photo shoots and first corner carnage, staggered starts work and are fair.