View Single Post
Old 30-07-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyD99 View Post
Seriously, I mean they are simply remaking the same 410 V4 buggy all over again and slapping a Serpent sticker on it thinking no one would notice?
Besides being shaft driven, can you tell me how it's Durango related? It's a brand new, ground-up design. If you've seen the Serpent SRX8 you'll be able to see how many design cues they share.
Quote:
Ya I get that Gerd is the original developer of this chassis, but he made it as a Durango employee right? Isn't there some sort of intellectual property that Durango maintains?
Unless the car is an exact copy of an existing design - which it isn't - you can't say there are any issues with intellectual property. There are many cars on the market that are very close indeed in terms of design - YZ-2 & B6, S12-1M & RB6 - this is a Serpent car that takes cues from Serpent products.
Quote:
So much for Billy Eastons SRX4 I guess?
Nope - both the SRX4 and SDX4 platforms will sit alongside each other. It's down to the customer's preference of belt or shaft. Let's not forget the SRX4 has won both the Austrian/German nats and the DHI Cup.