View Single Post
Old 02-03-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Williams View Post
On Sunday at MB Natalie ran with the rear shocks on the back all day. Initially the car was a bit sharp for her so we altered it through the day & by round 4 & in her final the car was really good. The biggest difference was to go to long wheelbase (on Greg's advice) which worked really well despite it being a relatively tight, hairpin filled track.

The time for her win in the C final would have won the B final & placed her 4th in the A final (just in front of you Chris ) I know races don't always work out like that but a good example of the car working on carpet with shockers on the rear. She had a great run with a car that, for her, was easy to drive quickly.
I appreciate that others (like you Chris) would have been ultimately quicker without mistakes/errors & your fastest laps will have been quicker.

I think that the shocks on the front of the rear wishbones will ultimately give a quicker car on the surface if you are good enough to hang on to it or get a set up that suits you, but the rear shock option may be easier to drive consistently for some drivers. it certainly was in our case.
Also I thought that Lee Freeman & Chris Clarke changed to run shocks on the back? (but I may be wrong)

Either way I think the car works well. It's good for drivers to have the option to try both & see what suits them

Just thought I would share my thoughts/experience on our first run.

Very impressed with the car first time out & after watching Greg at Worksop the car seems to work well on both surfaces

Looking forward to running it outdoors through the summer
Thanks for sharing . What motor position did you run?