View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilow View Post
Hi I just tested my DESC for a few batteries and have to tell you I am very impressed, switching from a Slash4x4 is a major difference ...but what about
gearing ratio recommendations ? I actually run a LRP 6.5 540 Motor with a 17 teeth pinion and the motor starts to heat up very much ...So I would like to switch to a 550 Motor, but not having any Module 1 pinions I wondered if someone already had experience with 550 Motors in the durango ? So what sizes do I should start purshasing pinions ...
Any recommendations about motors 550 ? I am struggling between LRP and Novak.

A short recommendation for the kit set up: Insert a 7mm washer in the inside of the rear shock body under the pistons, the droop the car originally had is way too much and the car will body roll a lot.
If you want to go up to the mod1 pinions its more a question of how big your track is and what wind of 550 you are thinking of. Assuming just a general range and a 5.5t or a 4.5t i would start with 12-15t pinions. I run a 5.5t Novak Ballistic motor in mine and run 13t indoors on a medium sized track and 14t or 15t on the bigger outdoor track thats just loamy wet dirt. If you were going to run the 4.5t you may want to go down a tooth. This truck doesnt need mind blowing throttle like the old generation of 4wd SCTs. The old gen trucks (jammin,hyper,traxxas) laps went like this "fight through the turn with poor steering, blast full throttle to the next turn, fight some more with poor steering, full throttle to the next turn" etc. This truck you can actually cut your throttle way back and focus on your lines.