View Single Post
Old 16-09-2012
Administrator

The battery life I found to be worse than an iphone and don't bother with the extra batteries off ebay as they are naff - get a proper samsung battery if you want a backup.
I don't think its quite as slick as an iphone - the google maps occasionally goes a bit nuts and the torch sometimes doesn't work and the phone needs a reboot, but for the most part it's great.

It's nice to be able to drag and drop my music - I bought a 32gb micro sim to put media on, and once you've found some decent apps you can do stuff.

I've still to find a music player thats any good though - I need one that reads from a MUSIC directory, because unless I'm missing something they seem to read everything thats remotely related to a sound file and lump it all together.

Same with podcasts - I've yet to find a nice way to get podcasts on there to listen to. I used to just use my iphone and download them over wifi from itunes but I've little idea how to go about it on my note.

I don't think I'd swap for an iphone5 though since all the things I wanted to get away from the iphone still hold true - its good for music and stuff, but anything else the note is much better.
If I want to run some torrents or do some FTP etc, it's all possible.