View Single Post
Old 22-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origineelreclamebord View Post
In addition to what Jason mentioned - though I admit I'm just speculating here: As some people used to have trouble with the gear diff not fitting in the casing, I think they may also have adressed that too.

All Type B parts I believe will be for the DEX210V2. The gear casing should fit the 210 without buying any other of the Type B parts. The Moulded Tub requires more other parts to make a complete conversion - I haven't looked into it entirely, but you'll at least need other suspension hangers and a different bumper in RM.

The silicone O-rings I'd say are different grades of rubber, they should allow different friction (and sealing) levels for the shocks. The 3mm ones will fit in the 1/10th scale shocks, the 4mm ones I guess are 1/8th scale?
The O-Rings come in 3 different grades.
30Shore (Blue)
40Shore (Purple)
50Shore (Clear)
Softer should have more resistance but a better seal vs harder less friction and not as good of a seal.

For a low friction setup, you probably want a S50 acting as the outer seal, and a softer one S40 in the inner shock body to create a better seal.
Keep in mind, the better the seal, the less you need to refill and maintain your shock. Low friction seals need a top up after a few heats, but offer the best in suspension performance. Different combinations for different applications.

That is correct 3mm for 10th and 4mm for 8th.