View Single Post
Old 29-09-2014

Look at the rcracer.com for reviews, admittedly not all the cars on your list but some good build tips and information about different chassis.
You need to look at your budget really, do you have anything to start with? Radio, servo, Lipo's, charger?
Then pop to your local club night or whatever they do, there will always be someone that will happily stand and chat RC, from them you will get an idea what others run, not essential to get the same but it can help.
You can strip a TC into kit form very quickly then rebuild with maybe a new set of bearings and shock seals so don't discount used.
I came back after 20 years and bought a new Mi1 had it for a season but thought it was awkward to work on without all the ally bits so sold it and got a used Xray T2009 which was immaculate and did me well for another season then bought a used T3 12 and have stuck with Xray so will be getting the T4 15
I have always used Hobbywing ESC's not the latest (v2.1 and Xtreme stock) £50 or so from UK shops, Nano Tech lipo's from HK or Gens Ace from Giant shark, (do have intellects for bigger events but they are getting a bit old now) Have been running a G force motor for a season in 17.5 and very happy with its performance for £50, Savox 1251 servo or for half the price the alturn servo's are good