View Single Post
Old 29-09-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangermouse86 View Post
Hi everyone im wanting to get into tc and im after some advice on what car to start with and what 17.5 brushless motor,etc, servo and batteries people are using.ive had rc cars in the past but not really raced them so don't know that much.ive been looking at these cars:

Schumacher mi1v2

Schumacher mi5/mi5 evo

Xray t4 2014/2015 spec

I know the mi1v2 is for the beginner tc driver so I want to know is it worth starting with this or is it best to start off with a top spec car???I want to buy new aswell so I can build it my self so I know my own car and how it works.
If you have the budget, go for the top cars.

Of your two other options, the Schumacher is built for UK tracks so can be very quick, but some people find them edgy to drive and they are not as robust or easy to work on as some other cars on the market.

The XRAY is well built and safer to drive. Has a lot of fans, especially among people that are new-ish to racing.

You could drive yourself mad investigating all the available cars. The two you mentioned are popular in the UK with good parts support. Can't go far wrong with either.

For the electrics, bear in mind that there are lists of approved escs, motors and lipos for certain BRCA events. Not all clubs will expect you to use approved electrics but it is something to bear in mind.

Last edited by sosidge; 29-09-2014 at 07:05 PM.