Thread: paint by ian
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012

Here are a few images of the shell Ian recently painted for me, mounted on my car.

I know its the most frequently rolled out term when talking about shells that have been painted, but the pictures really dont do the shell justice. It looks absolutely fantastic on the car. It is incredibly detailed, but manages not to look busy or cluttered.

I only gave Ian a brief that I wanted something that was bright and easily visible amongst all the dirt that was flying during racing, and in a melee of cars in the cut and thrust of a race.

Ian asked lots of questions to establish what I liked and what I didnt, before sending me a pic of something he thought was close to the mark. Unsurprisingly the proposal was spot on and so Ian got to work.

When the shell arrived the end result was superb. From the fluro colours to tick the box of hi-vis, to the design being deliberately created to optimisie orientation on the track, the subtle detail of the honeycomb effect through the blues and the white, the shadowing to add some depth to the design, not to mention the metallic flake in the white which sparkles like a million stars in the light.

The shell really does have it all, and is finished to the highest possible standard.

If you want a premium shell, from a top guy, then Ian is your man!

photo-(3).jpg

photo-(5).jpg

photo-(9).jpg

photo-(10).jpg